Xiaomi Mi A1 (Mi 5X) has been one of the most successful mid-range smartphones made by Xiaomi. This handset was the first mid-ranger phone to come with 2X optical zoom and dedicated portrait mode, inspiring other phone makers that started equipping handsets with these features. The performance of its cameras was also amazing. Now, the company has come up with its successor – the Xiaomi Mi A2 (Mi 6X).
The Xiaomi Xiaomi Mi A2 (Mi 6X) was launched in China couple of days back and is yet to launch in other countries but we have managed to get our hands on this device, thanks to our sources. After getting the device, the first thing in our mind was, “is it better than the Mi A1 in terms of camera?”. So we did the Xiaomi Mi A2 camera test and the result was amazing.
Before we start talking about Xiaomi Mi A2’s camera performance, let’s have a look on the specifications of this device.
Xiaomi Mi A2 (Mi 6X) Specifications and Features
|Display||18:9 Ratio 5.99 inch LTPS IPS LCD Full HD+, Gorilla Glass 3|
|SoC & GPU||Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 | Adreno 512|
|OS & RAM||Android 8.1 Oreo | 4GB or 6GB|
|Storage||32GB, 64GB or 128GB | Non-Expandable|
|Rear Camera||Dual 12MP + 20MP (f/1.8, PDAF, LED Flash)|
|Front Camera||20MP (f/1.8, Auto-HDR)|
|Battery||Li-lon 3,010 mAh, Quick Charge 3.0|
Coming back to the camera, Xiaomi has definitely brought the improvements in Mi A2’s camera. The samples taken from this phone look amazing.
Here is what we think about its camera.
1. Much improved AI algorithm and experience if we compare it with Mi 5x a.k.a. Mi A1. Whether we talk about focusing speed, accuracy, sensitivity or exposure decision, it leaves Mi A1 behind with flying colors.
2. Sharpness is little bit better than average despite of having 20MP camera.
3. Portrait mode is working well and doesn’t whiten the foreground that much.
4. It’s really disappointing to see that optical zoom is missing on this device. For unawares, this feature was one of the key reasons of Mi A1’s success.
5. Very smart on HDR and non-HDR decision, transition on high light and low light is very natural.
6. Average low light performance but still much better than the Mi A1.
Why don’t you take a look on the samples and tell us how do they look?
So what do you think, is it better than the Xiaomi Mi A1? Do tell us in the comment section below. And one more thing, we are already working on the comparison of this handset with its predecessor. I mean you will soon be seeing Xiaomi Mi A2 vs Mi A1. Keep visiting Gadget2Buy.