Nokia or let’s say HMD Global made comeback in smartphone market by launching its first ever Android smartphone Nokia 6. Since Nokia dominated more than a decade, the Nokia 6 was widely adapted by millions of Nokia fans around the world. However, the handset was later considered overpriced as its camera and processor weren’t up to the mark. HMD Global instantly recognized this issue and came up with an upgraded version – the Nokia 6 (2018). We are going to list Nokia 6 (2018) pros. & cons. review after one month of use.
Read Also: Nokia 6 (2018) Vs Nokia 6: What Has Changed?
Announced at MWC 2018 event, the newcomer comes with some noticeable upgrades including processor and camera. What’s most satisfying is that the new Nokia 6 (2018) costs ₹16,999, same as its original version. So, can it be considered value for money smartphone? Well, we are going to find out.
The Nokia 6 (2018) has been by daily driver for more than a month and I liked this phone. From camera to processor and design to display, the handset has managed to impress me. So, should you buy it? Does Nokia 6 (2018) worth your money? Well, my answer is yes. Here is the detailed Nokia 6 pros. & cons. after one month of use to help you make your decision.
Nokia 6 (2018) Specifications and Features
|Display||5.5 inch IPS LCD, 1080x1920px,~403ppi, Gorilla Glass 3|
|SoC & GPU||2.2GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 630, Adreno 508|
|OS & RAM||Android 8.0 Oreo, 3GB or 4GB RAM|
|Storage||32GB or 64GB, Expandable up to 256GB via MicroSD|
|Rear Camera||16MP (f/2.0), PDAF, Carl Zeiss Optics, Dual LED dual-tone flash|
|Front Camera||8MP (f/2.0), Autofocus|
|Battery||Li-lon 3,000 mAh, Fast Charging 50% in 30 Minutes|
Nokia 6 (2018) Pros.
1. Better Camera: The Nokia 6 (2018) comes with Carl Zeiss optics, however, camera specification is same as the original version. Front facing sensor also remains same.
In the previous version, I often noticed oversaturation of colors but now that issue no longer exists. The handset produces better photos. Color accuracy and image quality have been improved. The front camera now supports bokeh effect and it works like charm.
Also Read: Nokia 6 (2018) Vs Xiaomi Mi A1: Camera Comparison In Detail
Also Read: Nokia 6 (2018) Vs Redmi Note 5: In-Depth Camera Comparison
Also Read: Redmi Note 5 Pro Vs Nokia 6 (2018) Camera Comparison In Detail
2. Better Performance: Compared to original Nokia 6 (Snapdragon 435 SoC), the new Nokia 6 (2018) comes with an upgraded (Snapdragon 630) SoC. The newcomer now performs much better than the original Nokia 6. Heavy games and multi-tasking have become easy. Graphics rendering on the handset is also good. Graphics-rich games like Shadow Fight 3, Asphalt 8: Airborne and Gangster Vegas: Mafia Game don’t lag. Switching between apps now don’t restart the apps.
3. Better Audio/Video Experience: The new Nokia 6 (2018) now supports OZO audio – Nokia’s in-house developed “advanced spatial audio tech that allows sound to be captured and played back just like real life”. This feature really works as it is described. Playback of recorded sound feels so real, especially when you have recorded in 4K quality.
4. Better Design and Tech Support: Nokia is known for its nearly unbreakable phones and the new Nokia 6 (2018) is no exception. It has sturdy and sleek design with metallic body which provides better grip when holding it in hands. The fingerprint sensor now sits on the rear which is more convenient.
The new Nokia 6 now comes with USB type-C which allows fast data transfer. The handset now also supports fast charging technology.
5. Software (Android One): The new Nokia 6 (2018) is launched as a part of Google’s Android One program which gives OS updates and other security-related patches faster than any other Android smartphones. The handset currently runs Android Oreo and is set to receive Android P as well.
6. Superfast Fingerprint Sensor: Compared to original Nokia 6, the new Nokia 6 (2018)’s fingerprint sensor is very fast. With a support of 360-degree recognition, you can unlock the device by placing your finger in any direction.
Nokia 6 Cons.
1. Not for Lowlight Photography: Even though the Nokia 6’s camera is improved, the lowlight performance is still not up to the mark. The handset produces just average lowlight photos.
2. Should Have Come with Bigger Battery: The new Nokia 6 (2018) comes with 3,000 mAh battery which is a bit disappointing as several other phones in this segment like Redmi Note 5 Pro and Honor 7X come with bigger batteries.
So that’s it guys, these were Nokia 6 (2018) pros. & cons. after one month of use. The handset has proved to be a very good all-rounder in under ₹20,000 price segment. If you are looking for a good mid-range, go for Nokia 6 (2018).